Ford Forums banner

XW GT-HO for sale - Shannons auctions

11K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  4Vman 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Yeah if only the XR8s were half the car they were in the day.

I want that Flathead coffee table too!

#9 ·
#10 ·
nak302 said:
thanks for that outback_ute.
by the way, my xbgt has option 16 from factory. yep black vinyl roof, which will be reinstalled because thats what it had originally and the look is growing on me:wnc:

Many moons ago (like 20 years)... I owned an XYGT (Bronze Wine, Cream Vinyl Roof, Saddle Trim, 4-Speed, PB Radio & 36 Gal Tank) and when I had it repainted, I removed the vinyl roof because the old one had contributed to rust along the gutter rails of the roof. Have since found out that that colour & option combination was a one off!!! If I owned the car today... there is no way I wouldn't be putting that vinyl roof back on!!! It was a rare feature and probably would add value to the vehicle!!! Actually... it was a really nice combination!!! :)

So... if it were me... I would be looking at putting the vinyl back on... soon!!!

Cheers

#11 ·
#12 ·
SuperRoo69 said:
Many moons ago (like 20 years)... I owned an XYGT (Bronze Wine, Cream Vinyl Roof, Saddle Trim, 4-Speed, PB Radio & 36 Gal Tank) and when I had it repainted, I removed the vinyl roof because the old one had contributed to rust along the gutter rails of the roof. Have since found out that that colour & option combination was a one off!!! If I owned the car today... there is no way I wouldn't be putting that vinyl roof back on!!! It was a rare feature and probably would add value to the vehicle!!! Actually... it was a really nice combination!!! :)

So... if it were me... I would be looking at putting the vinyl back on... soon!!!

Cheers
Sounds lovely, got any photos still? With the vinyl roof?

#13 ·
Trust me guys, I know the guys at Shannons (worked for them a few times) and if they say it's a GTHO, it's a GTHO.

#14 ·
SuperRoo69 said:

Cheers
exactly......the options list i got from ford has the vinyl roof (16) along with protection pack (04) so that's how it will be when i finish it :hy:

#15 ·
nak302 said:
thanks for that outback_ute.
by the way, my xbgt has option 16 from factory. yep black vinyl roof, which will be reinstalled because thats what it had originally and the look is growing on me:wnc:
If you need the S/S trim that goes with the Vinyll roof incl corners (complete set) and very nice, no dents etc, I have a set for sale.

#20 ·
SuperRoo69 said:
Yes, I think I have one or two... but unfortunately, I don't have access to them just at this moment!!!

Cheers
IMO XW was the BEST looking GT made. Looks better then all the other (sedan GTs) from any angle! And the Bill Bourke car is even better with the big block, shaker and Mustang seats, the best of the best;.
XW GT came out the same month I was born.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.