xf ute
reco 4 speed
rooted diff
250 x flo
engine needs reco
needs a tidy up
2.5in exhaust

what do u think i should do.... put a 302 and a 9in in my ute and fix it up
or put a 465 holley, cam and come racing head and a mini spool on my xe?
or sell them both and get a xd ute with a 302 or 351 ? any help would b good

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd go either option 2 or option 3. V8 conversion in the XF would mean engineering issues! Plus I reckon option 2 or 3 would be more fun :p

-Dave-

#5 ·
interesting dilema, i was wondering how much you'd get selling both? certainly a far way off a V8 XD ute thats not a rust bucket. what about option D, keep XE as is get a ZJ fairlane LSD for ute, get a reco or good second hand crossflw motor and a bit of a cam and it'll go better than a stock 302 seeing its a manual. probably cost all of $1500 plus fitting

#7 ·
hey there, hmm i could probly get about 5- 6 grand for both of them! ill probly just save for a 6 grand 351 ute! its easier because i cant be bothered with the ute it just needs to much work to make it good where its easy to just not spend money for a couple of months and have a good ute.

my xe has 6 months rego, new head, new radiator, new clutch, 4 speed, its an 'S' its maroon with wildfire mags,tyres are three months old, new shocks,and rear springs, lowered, new 2.5in exhaust and extractors,interior is in heaps good condition, power steering, tints and thats about all i can think of and good paint.

the ute will have 12months rego its been resprayed 2years ago, lowered, good tyres, reco 4 speed

#9 ·
Hrm on 2nd thoughts I'd stick with the XE & warm it over a little. The XF ute I'd either keep for rough stuff (ie camping or work car), or if you have no need for it then I'd sell the biatch.

$6k for an XE & XF? Good luck! I can see the XE selling for more than the XF, but you'd be lucky to top $4k for both I reckon. Their current value is 3/5 of f*** all...

-Dave-

#11 ·
LOL.... 3 GRAND FOR AN XE!

i would pay that much for an ESP not a std falcon

i got a XE i couldnt sell it for a grand!

it had 9 months rego
rebuilt mild motor
rebuilt auto
perfect interior
paint had a few scratches NO DINTS IN WHOLE CAR
new tires 90% tread...

oh, did i mention, was a genuine fairmont ghia?

good luck to ya sellin them

#16 ·
YEAHXE said:
laugh at this..... i sold my last xf for $2100 with 4 days rego and it had 12 slotters and 2900000 kms and i sprayed half the car with touch up paint...
laugh at this.. i bought my last XF with 6 months rego duel fuel air and steer 300,000km tints 10stack CD no rust with new brakes for $300. about 10 months ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.