Ford Forums banner

Pannel vs Pod inside EF airbox

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  FPVWEPN 
#1 ·
What would flow better, a K&N pannel or a pod filter using same filter material (both inside the EF air box). I

Got a JMM DEV5 with race intake kit, this includes a pod mounted inside the airbox (can post some pics if anyone wants to see).

Comparing a pannel to the pod that I got with the kit and it looks like the pannel has more filter surface area than the pod. The EF pannel is pretty big.

Is there some property that makes a pod style filter flow better than pannel, assuming same filter meduim and both are clean? Note, both pannel and pod are inside the standard airbox, tubing in the air box has been removed to make room for the pod though.

Has this been tested anywhere? I know zoom mag did a test of air boxes once and the EF was the best of the bunch.

I imaginge that there would be little difference to performance of car over all, just interested.

Thanks for any info

#2 ·
Autospeed has tested this, I would just use the pannel.

#3 ·
Thanks i33t, yeah, atm just got the pannel in there (K&N). You don't have a link to the article?

Also, how do you clean a pod?
I have the K&N cleaning kit, not sure how it would work if you couldn't effectively get to both sides of the filter meduim as in a pod.

#4 ·
have you got picks of your pod in the box? ive got ef throttle body with mandrel bent pipe running to a pod on my ea and would like to fit it in a box, and have the pipe from the front bar going into the box aswell...

thanks if you can...Rayos

#8 ·
the pod will be better if you get a large enough pod it will have more surface area than a panel imagine unrolling the pod to make it flat it would be huge!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.