Ford Forums banner

What ecu???

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  needturbo6 
#1 ·
i have a au v8 with ported heads/cam/pacemaker/ twin 2 1/2" exhaust for my xw. i want peoples opinions/experience on different aftermarket computers.

there is a microtech lt16 due for release early 05 for v8's. approx $1700

I can get a motec m48 (all parts needed) ford $3100ish i will wire it up then it needs tuning. a little more than i wanted to spend but i want it to run nicely/economically

Any info would be appreciated
Cheers

#3 ·
will that work with the ford distributorless ignition?

#5 ·
EDXR8 said:
Probably not, you would have to go to the standard TFI dizzy setup used on aussie and US V8's.
i want to keep the distributorless ignition.

#6 ·
EDXR8 said:
Also worth considering a Ford A9L EEC from a US Mustangs (or even a supported Aussie EEC from an EB/ED falcon) and Tweecer. Should be cheaper than aftermarket and you get sequential injection, Open/Closed Loop modes and full programability.
good question and brings up an interesting point. with the introduction of edit systems can you take any obd ecu with correct outputs ( i.e injector drivers coil drivers etc) and fit matching sensors to allow a factory built ecu to work on any engine with your own tune (of course with correct inj resist coil types etc etc).

You'll hafta forgive me if this is a silly question as I found out about edit systems of couple of days ago.

#7 ·
nvy069 said:
i want to keep the distributorless ignition.
Last time I spoke to Pete he said he was working on a way to get DIS up and running on the earlier EEC4 units. I would check up with him before you rule it out all together.
I have just imported an A9L and Z3X computer to play with for a manual conversion on my NC
Shane

#9 ·
I've been reading up on the GM Delco ecm lately. It will support DIS and seems to be infinately tunable in real time with Kalmaker software.
Bad pionts, not sequential, Holden.
Good points, Will take std holden sensors,(from VL upto, but not including, Gen3). Real time tunable with cheap laptop. $1300 for ECM with kalmaker software.
Go here to check 'em out if interested http://www.kalmaker.com.au

#11 ·
the edit for the AU shouldnt be too much longer and would be an excellent option.

see here, HEADSEX is the guy you need to talk to
U will need to remove the brackets though as this site has a script which removes the .au if typed normally.
http://www.fordforums.com.(au)/showthread.php?t=4299

many advantages and the power gain would be just as good as a motec, if tuned by one of the better tuners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.