Ford Forums banner

Sunday Telegraph Cars guide (13/2/05)

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pik0 
#1 ·
It's kind of stupid they did it, they compared a $60,000 car with a $46,000 car..

XR6T vs Monaro

If you haven't read the article, basically they take them for a cruise down the snowy mountains, and they end up giving them 2 points each, but declaring the XR6T a better car because it's $14k less.

The writer was so biased though, he gave the Monaro a point cause the XR6T had grease or something coming outta one of the wheels.. which imo wasn't a problem with the car, especially as the wheels weren't standard.. but I don't know much about cars :)

My main gripe was - why didn't they do the test with a Typhoon!

THe Typhoon is brand new, the XR6T is what, 3 years old? It doesn't make sense to me.

#2 ·
Falcon-DT said:
It's kind of stupid they did it, they compared a $60,000 car with a $46,000 car..

XR6T vs Monaro

If you haven't read the article, basically they take them for a cruise down the snowy mountains, and they end up giving them 2 points each, but declaring the XR6T a better car because it's $14k less.

The writer was so biased though, he gave the Monaro a point cause the XR6T had grease or something coming outta one of the wheels.. which imo wasn't a problem with the car, especially as the wheels weren't standard.. but I don't know much about cars :)

My main gripe was - why didn't they do the test with a Typhoon!

THe Typhoon is brand new, the XR6T is what, 3 years old? It doesn't make sense to me.

prolly cos you cant a typhoon yet cos some white coat knobs cant make a clutch.

#4 ·
GTP-330 said:
prolly cos you cant a typhoon yet cos some white coat knobs cant make a clutch.
Stupid Foolish Idiot Ba$tards :booty: :beerbottl

#5 ·
If you actually read it its a 4 to 0 win to the turbo, as he gives the monaro 2 points for its fuel consumption when the figures he quotes give it to the XR6T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.