Ford Forums banner

Dunlop SP3000 Tyre Pressure

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  MrPlow2 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me what would be the best PSI to put in for a BA XR6?

Everyone is telling me something different, right now its like 33 on the back and 34 on the front.

#2 ·
That's really up to you. I'd run 40 but that's because I prefer handling over comfort. What you've got now is good for day-to-day driving. Even 40psi won't wear your tyres out too fast, but I wouldn't run less than 30. Just play with different tyre pressures and see what works best for you.

#4 ·
Danstar said:
I want something that will save more petrol :D
lol

especially since my avg. according to the ford tacho is 13.5L/100kms
In that case, decrease the pressure of your right foot against the accelerator pedal. jk! ;)

That's pretty good! My average in the AU was 16-18L/100km!

Well, you'd want to reduce the rolling resistance so the pressure should be up there around 36 mark, even 38 if you don't mind the slightly harsher ride.

#6 ·
You can run lower pressure on the back, which will give you more grip in the straight line, but a little less around corners. However, considering you drive an XR6, you're not going to have much grip around corners anyway, if you push it. hehe

However, that'd be a really good performance balance. Give it a go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.