Ford Forums banner

BAGT mkII 6 speed man

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  barthez 
#1 ·
HI, I'm thinking of buying a new mkII GT 6speed manual.
What does everyone out there think of them? any bad reports on them yet? any info will be appreciated.

#3 ·
xr220 said:
The 6 speed feels great. I have missed 3rd once (went to 5th) but I have rctified the problem (me). The gates are nice and tight and the throws are short. It's really a great feeling gear box as is the clutch.
I agree the box is a step in the right, after about 5000km its starts to lossen up, but the clutch is another story, i think ford have used the bare min and the hol car suffers for that bu thats just my opionon.lol other than that the cars great.

#4 ·
Have any 6-speed owners installed a short throw shift (herrod/Mal Wood, etc) yet? I had the Mal Wood version put on my 5-speed BA ute and it completely transformed the whole shift experience.

I imagine it would make the already improved 6-speed box awesome!

#6 ·
TJS-81 said:
Have any 6-speed owners installed a short throw shift (herrod/Mal Wood, etc) yet? I had the Mal Wood version put on my 5-speed BA ute and it completely transformed the whole shift experience.

I imagine it would make the already improved 6-speed box awesome!
I have the herrod sure shifter in my 6 speed, she's awsome to drive just a pleasure.

#7 ·
my mum had a 5 speed mk I and we traded it for a MKII 6 speed...the car just feels like it has more go...sounds better aswell

feels alot smoother aswell throught the gear changes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.