Ford Forums banner

Throttle died on XR6

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gl351xd 
#1 ·
I've read a few posts with similar problems to this, so thought i would share my recent experience. Last week i was driving on the freeway in my 2003 BA XR6 when suddenly the orange throttle fault indicator light came on, and i received no response from depressing the accelerator pedal.

I pulled over and turned the car off and the restarted it. Everything was fine and has been since. Yesterday i rang my dealer and they asked me to bring it in, which i did this morning. Just got the call back saying that the Throttle Position Sensor was stuffed and was being replaced and the car will be ready to pick up this arvo.

Whilst i am very happy with the dealer's service, i'll have a few more questions when i pick the car up as to possible causes, etc.

Cheers

Jono

#2 ·
Yep - I've got the same issue at the moment, although I've only ever had it happen when I've been starting the car. Start it and it revs to about 2000rpm, then almost stalls, then back up to 2000rpm, and back down etc. Hitting the accelerator doesn't do anything. The idle is very ordinary at the moment too.

Off to the dealer early next week. I'll be taking it very easy until that time. :(

#3 ·
bobski said:
Yep - I've got the same issue at the moment, although I've only ever had it happen when I've been starting the car. Start it and it revs to about 2000rpm, then almost stalls, then back up to 2000rpm, and back down etc. Hitting the accelerator doesn't do anything. The idle is very ordinary at the moment too.

Off to the dealer early next week. I'll be taking it very easy until that time. :(
if you can get it up to speed for the cruse to work run it on cruse it should work fine useing the cruse buttons :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.