Ford Forums banner

Next Model Ford Falcon

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  73falcongt 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm still extremely curious to know if anyone has seen/heard anything about eithter the falcon to be released in october or even the next big change in 2007..... i'd be really greatful to hear of anything....even just rumors.
thanks

#3 ·
wishlist:
yep 6 auto ZF is obviously gonna be there
3.6L TDV8 option for the Territory hopefully
electronic park brake as in Disco3 would be nice
double glazed windows, better seals esp on upper models
more 300C looking on the Fairlane / LTD (maybe even Wide body on LWB)
steer-by-wire
brake-by-wire
electonic clutch?
Ethanol blend compatible engines (without reduction in life or performance)
stability control
top quality sound system option Bose, Dynaudio or Harmon Kardon
electric bootlid/tailgate/engine hood on upper models
reclining rear seats on LTD
XR8 engine on LTD
DVD AND sunroof on the LTD (not either/or)
air suspension on the Territory, Fairlane, LTD and Fairmont Ghia

ahhh that will do, i am not gonna buy one anyway...

#7 ·
When they slot in the 6speed auto, its also possible there'll be a price rise (that's NOT on Chevypowers wish list!). Although Holden's not charging extra for the 5 speed auto they have on the commodore SV6, having 6 speeds in an aussie built car would make them the leader in Aus.

Should also make better use of the engines too I'd imagine.

#9 ·
I read a while back that FORD was taking supplier contracts for a 6 ltr V8 or something like that which will go into the FORD pickups and the Explorer. Considering the Xr8 and GT block is basically the same as the Explorers, they have to changeover to the new engine and I also read that they produce around 250 kw in base tune and the torque around 520Nm.
So hopefully that will go into the fairmont and as for the XR8 it will be 295kw and GT will be 330kw and wait for it
THE ALMIGHTY GTHO-375kw. :priest:
PLEASE DONT TELL ME IM DREAMING.

#10 ·
VARMAX said:
I read a while back that FORD was taking supplier contracts for a 6 ltr V8 or something like that which will go into the FORD pickups and the Explorer. Considering the Xr8 and GT block is basically the same as the Explorers, they have to changeover to the new engine and I also read that they produce around 250 kw in base tune and the torque around 520Nm.
So hopefully that will go into the fairmont and as for the XR8 it will be 295kw and GT will be 330kw and wait for it
THE ALMIGHTY GTHO-375kw. :priest:
PLEASE DONT TELL ME IM DREAMING.
There was a media release awhile ago that stated that the planned 6.2 litre had been scrapped cause of a lack of development dollars. It was on an american website, autonews or something like that.

#11 ·
bossxr8 said:
There was a media release awhile ago that stated that the planned 6.2 litre had been scrapped cause of a lack of development dollars. It was on an american website, autonews or something like that.
I don't know why they don't stick a supercharger on the current lump like CAPA do. No one has blown and engine or gearbox yet have they?

You can't tell me they wouldn't sell a million of them like they did with the XR6T.

#12 ·
Yep. The 6.2 has been scrapped and the focus is on the 5L Cammer engine (I hear).

#16 ·
xbgs351 said:
Has anybody stopped to think how much a 6 speed auto will cost for an overhaul?

I can picture a few years down the track, Falcons in still in good condition getting wrecked because the blown auto is too expensive to fix compared to the value of the car.
The current 4 speed isn't exactly cheap to overhaul either. Won't leave you much change from 2g's, but i'm sure if Ford use the ZF it would be a million times better in terms of quality and reliability going by its reputation in Europe.

#17 ·
Yep I definitely want to see at least a 380kw or 506HP HO. I know it won't happen though. I hate Australian cars. They're allowed to have like 12 sec production cars everywhere else in the world but not here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.