Ford Forums banner

351c stroker kits

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  xr8_sprint 
#1 ·
I am looking for stroker kits for my 351c, I built a 377 with a norwalk kit that has done great for me, but now they are out of bussness. Who makes a good kit now I want to have around 550HP. Thanks for any info.

#3 ·
my machinist did a scat 396 or 39something for a guy recently and spent 17 hours to machine block (an hour or two) and to balance
he said that the cranks come in different counterbalance weights and he was trying to get scat to get the right crank in the kit to save on machining / balancing costs-= they hAVNT GOT BACK TO HIM YET SO IMwaiting for them to fix the kit up before i go ahead ,
the machinist also didnt like that the oil ring went through the wrist pin bore

hes done a 377/378 before and he said thats a better set up

please post what you find out and which way you are going

#4 ·
The last one i bought was from Hank The Crank. 387 cub, but since then i think they have gone away from Cevo stuff not to shore. I would go with what Benx said either SCAT or Eagle seem the way to go theses day, good quality parts and good back up service.

#7 ·
Im in the same boat sorta,
Im building a 406 Stroker, with SRP(Ross) Pistons, Forged Scat Crank and H-Beams, Roller Rockers etc..
My concern is that I have just bought a brand new set of 2V heads, open chamber..and have got many different opinions on running 4V Valves or to keep the 2V valves for airpspeed. Are closed chamber going to be better that open chamber? and is it a myth that 4V valves in 2V heads will give any better performance?

Cheers
ViGiLaNtE351

#8 ·
i had a stock 351 once with a very mild cam and 4v valves in 2v open chamber with no porting - i think it was about 8.5 comp with a edelbrock performer manifold and 600 holley and got 185 kw at wheels - i think the 4v valves were good in that situation
ive also heard different poeple say theyd prefer to stick with 2v valves so i cant help you
with the open chamber or closed chamber issue it all depends on what compression you want to run and the cam i guess
i think srp are je pistons not ross
where are you getting your kit from , is it 9000 series or 4340 crank and how much
ive got a big issue with compression as im supercharging it - it looks like im gunna have to get custom pistons as i dont want to use copper gaskets to lower compression

#9 ·
Ive got a 408 cube eagle stroker kit (both Eagle and Scat stuff are made in the exact same factory) except for a windsor and we didnt have to machine the block we only had to relieve the main girdle, the crank we had internally balanced only for piece of mind because we knew we were going to push its limits N/A and then supercharge later on down the track. Ive had no issues so far but we are tearing it down in a couple weeks to upgrade the camshaft and compression and we'll check the bottom end then to replace the bearings rings etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.