Ford Forums banner

Ranger Exhaust

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bonkerpro 
#1 ·
Hey I'm new to the whole performance truck thing. I have a 98 ford ranger splash with a 2.5L 4-cylinder with a towing package. Don't ask why. I was told that an exhaust system would help gas mileage and make the truck run better. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on what type of system I need to get that would sound half-way decent. I don't want it to sound like a bumble-bee going down the road like some of the import cars do.
Thanks for all of your help.

#4 ·
I don't know anything about exhaust systems -- but as a general purpose observation -- and considering how many Ranger trucks are on the road, it comes as a surprise to me that this site gets so little traffic.

Don't take the lack of response as an insult. Either those who read the posts don't know, or those who know are busy making money with their knowledge instead of hanging out here.

#6 ·
Well, don't go away mad. ;-)

Seriously, it was a full month from the time he posted his question until the first reply. That is enough time to read every magazine on the market and make a decision the way my grandfather did.

I'm active on two different motorcycle boards, and both enjoy a lively comradery, and the tech sections rarely go more than a day without a solid answer to a question being posted.

I don't log in here as often, but I would probably log in more if the activity level was up, and if getting an answer was not treated like an assault on the family jewels.

Just MHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.