Ford Forums banner

My new toy (TFC) is ready to go.

4K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  xdclevo 
#1 ·
I just can't go for the first drive tonite as i've had about eight too
many XXXX bitters :beerbottl . Looks fast. haha. Any others that
have changed from the weiand to a TFC or FW, what sort of power gains have you made? Also, to the few guys running the hirise and the shaker
still, can you please post a pic of the modified shaker base. I really don't
want to lose the shaker.(ps brenx, i had to copy the CVR bracket :priest: )

See less See more
#2 ·
xdclevo said:
I just can't go for the first drive tonite as i've had about eight too
many XXXX bitters :beerbottl . Looks fast. haha. Any others that
have changed from the weiand to a TFC or FW, what sort of power gains have you made? Also, to the few guys running the hirise and the shaker
still, can you please post a pic of the modified shaker base. I really don't
want to lose the shaker.(ps brenx, i had to copy the CVR bracket :priest: )
looks awesome mate!

the oldest item in you eng. bay looks like the battery... still going strong after almost 5 years.

#6 ·
Dude - start eating your Baroccas now. That looks awesome. Can't wait to see the results.

Ha - thats the same air filter I am using!! Modified shaker = hornet :hy: How much does that one foul the bonnet by? Mine sticks out about 2" (weiand + 2" spacer). Fell into the too hard basket to mod the shaker.

#8 ·
TruBlu351 said:
How much does that one foul the bonnet by? Mine sticks out about 2" (weiand + 2" spacer). Fell into the too hard basket to mod the shaker.
It does stick out a fairbit. I have a 1/2 plastic type spacer.
The best part i have found is how responsive it is now off
idle. The TFC does have a lot smaller port openings than the
weiand, so probably due to that. It feels a lot stronger everywhere,
but its the off idle performance i am liking at the moment :hy:

#10 ·
I just fitted an active hi rise manifold to my xy, i had the same issue as you xdclevo, i didnt want to lose the shaker. I managed to make it fit under the bonnet with a few mods, by firstly cutting the shaker down and then finding a filter to fit. A k&N filter with an xtreme top is the way to go.

#12 ·
Looks great Dion! And feels stronger all over too you say. When is it going back on the dyno and/or to the track?

I was dead set on getting a TFC also but after I read your post where the guy in the XY ran 11.7 with a Weiand I thought why do I need a TFC and a hole in the bonnet

#15 ·
Thanks guys. There is one downfall though. A severe lack of traction!!! :priest: But i will just have to live with that..haha
(shaynet, maybe the XY would do much better than 11.7 with a TFC??)

#16 ·
xdclevo said:
Thanks guys. There is one downfall though. A severe lack of traction!!! :priest: But i will just have to live with that..haha
(shaynet, maybe the XY would do much better than 11.7 with a TFC??)
You'll have to retune it now. The mixtures will have changed. Hard to say which way it would have gone. The TFC's are a good manifold. I'd be interested to see a chassis dyno comparison.

#20 ·
balinor said:
I'd prefer to see a track comparison.....
Well, that comparison will have more than one change for the better. I have to go in bulk, as the 8 hour trip to the drags sux for me, and only happens every 15 years.. :priest:
Well possably 6 monthly approx.

#23 ·
Look's good, is yours the low manifold without the spacer or with the 1" built in.? I have the low one going on mine as the guy at tfc said with a recessed 14x3 aircleaner i should have no prob's with clearence, And i would have to say the way he package's his manifold's and the box it came in is just awesome.
AZZA

#25 ·
azza said:
Look's good, is yours the low manifold without the spacer or with the 1" built in.? I have the low one going on mine as the guy at tfc said with a recessed 14x3 aircleaner i should have no prob's with clearence, And i would have to say the way he package's his manifold's and the box it came in is just awesome.
AZZA
I have the low version, so i can add my own plastic type spacer to make
up the height. TFC told me they are identical manifolds other than that.

croc, yes, Graeme is very helpfull. One thing he mentioned is that i am lucky i havn't grenaded my motor running 36 total timing with these alloys, instead of 30. Still, i wouldn't thought it would cause damage at only 36 dgerees.

#26 ·
xdclevo said:
I have the low version, so i can add my own plastic type spacer to make
up the height. TFC told me they are identical manifolds other than that.

croc, yes, Graeme is very helpfull. One thing he mentioned is that i am lucky i havn't grenaded my motor running 36 total timing with these alloys, instead of 30. Still, i wouldn't thought it would cause damage at only 36 dgerees.
I am surprised you can run 36 deg. With my AFD's, anything more than 30 deg total and it started to go backwards on the dyno. That was before I put the MSD dizzy, 6AL & coil on it, so I don't know if it will stand more timing with the stronger spark.
I know its making more power with the big spark and timing still at 30 deg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.