Ford Forums banner

blinking red light when alarm is not activated

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  luxaeterna 
#1 ·
at first good evening to all

i drove my brand new fiesta today:):)

when i got the car the salesman did not give me the owners manual (I'll accept your congratulations for that later :/ )

my question is:when i don't activate the alarm (cause i park it in my backyard) there is a blinking red light, should i fear that this will use all my battery during the night????

thank you, i tried to be as clear as possible:)
Foteini

#3 ·
no it's not the stereo :/ !
it has the shape of a lock and it turns off when i activate the alarm
anyway i'll get the owners manual eventually
how much battery does the alarm use?
also a completely different question.should i leave my pet rabbit hang around my ford?rabbits like to chew wires

#4 ·
hi luxaeterna

the flashing light would proberly be for the engine immobiliser which would come on automaticly. this is controled by a tiny computer chip embeded in the key.

you should not need to worry about the alarm flattening the battery unless you leave the car for several months without starting it.
modern day alarms use very low power.

i dont know what its like in Greece but mostly thieves dont care whether a car is in someones yard or not, they will still try to get in. :angry:
best to use the alarm all the time.

i dont know much about the eating habits of pet rabbits i`m afraid , but so long as the car dosn`t look like grass i`d think it should be ok.

dave :driver:

#5 ·
thanx Dave
tommorrow i'm getting the owners manual and i'll solve the mystery about the blinking red light (and you are right about the immobiliser)

yes i'm moving the car on a daily basis,so i'll activate the alarm on a daily basis too. and i'll get a lock for the steering wheel as well

another thing is this:i've noticed water running for a few minutes from underneath the car after parking it (approximately below the gearbox) and i was told it's the air-conditioning. But a brand new car leaking?
as for the rabbit he has chewed the computer's wires several times, so if any wires are exposed underneath the fiesta i'll give him for adoption :idea

#6 ·
g`day Foteini

its normal for a bit of water to leak out when you have been using the air conditioning. it`s just the condensation that builds up from the cold air. there is a special drain hose to let it out.

buy the rabbit more carrots :smlwink: or make rabbit soup :MmM:

:driver:

#7 ·
according to the owners manual which i got yesterday the blinking red light IS the immobiliser afterall. and yes it's ok to leak a little bit of water when i'm using the a/c
thank you for the answers, i made a fuss for nothing
now if you'll excuse me i'll go study the manual :1read:
as for the rabbit soup, he is a bit hard to catch :shoot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.