Ford Forums banner

Going to the chassis dyno tomorrow night..Any guesses?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  brenx 
#1 ·
Tomorrow night I'll be taking my truck to a shop and having it dynoed. I'm really excited that I'll get to see what it really has and where it makes peak hp/tq and how close my carb tuning is. Anyone want to throw any guesses out to what kind of hp/tq it will make? Here is the combo:

351 Cleveland 4v. Bored 0.030 over with TRW flat tops that yield about 10.8:1 compression. Heads are closed chamber 4v that have been ported, exhaust side was also polished, Parker port stuffers in intake ports, Manley Race Master Valves 2.19"/1.71", and Crower Stainless 1.73:1 Rockers. MME custom hyd roller 242/244@0.050 with 0.640" lift on both sides. Funnelweb Intake with a 1" custom tapered Wilson's spacer that is matched to the cloverleaf pattern on the intake, 950 HP Holley DP. MSD billet distributor, MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition box, and MSD HVC coil. Hooker Super Comps with 1 3/4" primary tubes into a 3" collector. Exhaust is dual mandrel bent 3" with Borla XR-1 Sportsman mufflers.

Full Roller c6, Sonnax Super Servo, Broader Stage 5 valve body, 4000 Dacco Torque Converter, Gear Vendors Overdrive, 4.86 gears and a Detroit Locker equipped 9".

Any guesses are appreciated so I know what to expect and I'll post results after I get home tomorrow.

See less See more
#13 ·
crochunter said:
So why would you want to increase your reading. So what is the point of a dyno then. So your motor isnt putting out that hp the XD 408. Chassis dynos dont mean a thing anyway. A engine dyno is better.
your a ****n idiot where in what i said did i say that??? it was what the guys at a dyno centre here in perth told me when i jumped on with semi slicks that it gave u a slightly higher reading like 4-8 hp all mine were on 15" rims with 60 profile and both chasis dyno's and engine dynos can read incorrectly there both just a measuring tool and mostly used for tuning applications the track is the best place to figure it out and my times and mph + 60 footers = the rwhp figures ive gotten.

#15 ·
Hi guys just my 2 cents, my friends capri drag car gave a different dyno reading with slicks then to treaded tyre's this hp reading was taken 5 minutes apart. Slicks do not grip the roller's as well as the inital tie down to the roller's, slick's were spinning on the roller's, it sounds fully sic to say yeah too much power for the dyno when it was just a traction issue. and oh i say 345 rwhp with those wheels he has on there and would be good if it did a 14.5 1/4 mile.
AZZA

#20 ·
The only tires I have mounted up right now for that truck are my 325/50R-15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials. Is that a bad thing? I have two sets of matching rims for the truck, but the other set has a set of 29x14.50-15 dirt track tires on it for my burnout truck. What kind of air pressure do I run in those drag radials?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.