Ford Forums banner

Have you got Nos on your 351C ???

8K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  TruBlu351 
#1 ·
Just woundering what this nos thing is all about. And wanted to talk to someone that has it on there 351C about the effects and cost of putting it on. Just want to learn more about it before I talk to someone that just wants me to spend money putting one in. Then never use it.

#3 ·
I will be putting nitrous on my 393 next winter so I will be interested in some comments to .
I am looking at the sportsman fogger kit .
Maybe some comments from people that run base plate and fogger systems and what brand kits you run .
Pros and cons on the system you use what you would do different if you did it again.

#5 ·
In short everything, but am looking at the Nos snipper kit. This is what I am thinking,
I have: 351C, top loader, 9" diff (ratio 3.89) change this ratio to 3:1 see how things go..look at the Termec TKO 5 speed box, if not happy with top loader. Plus Nos kit.
Aim: go really fast on open high way, then go even faster. Piss the cops right off. Then come home and have a couple of cold ones.

#6 ·
I'm in the process of putting NOS on my LTD 383 stroker. It will be a while before the engine is built so I'm going to hook it up to my stock 351 to try it out.
I'm using a Nitrous Express Hitman kit, baseplate type & adjustable from 75hp to 200hp.
I mounted up the bottle in the spare wheel well & today ran through the line to the solenoid. I'm fitting a 1-gall fuel cell in the engine bay to feed the nitrous fuel solenoid, trying to avoid acceleration fuel starvation & leaning off on NOS.
Hope to have it all fitted up this weekend. I'll post some pics when I do.

#7 ·
tufLTD said:
I'm in the process of putting NOS on my LTD 383 stroker. It will be a while before the engine is built so I'm going to hook it up to my stock 351 to try it out.
I'm using a Nitrous Express Hitman kit, baseplate type & adjustable from 75hp to 200hp.
I mounted up the bottle in the spare wheel well & today ran through the line to the solenoid. I'm fitting a 1-gall fuel cell in the engine bay to feed the nitrous fuel solenoid, trying to avoid acceleration fuel starvation & leaning off on NOS.
Hope to have it all fitted up this weekend. I'll post some pics when I do.
i brought a direct port pro shot fogger nos the bloke i got it from said to use a seperate electronic feul pump to guard against the engine leaning out i have not used it yet but cant wait

#12 ·
crochunter said:
Cheater system or a big shot is the way to go. If motor is built right 150 hp should not be a problem. Always run seperate fuel lines and pumps though. And fuel pressure guages.
You can save all the hassles of running seperate lines all the way from the tank by fitting a small fuel cell in the engine bay. Hook up an electric pump straight into the NOS fuel solenoid (not carby). Even a 1 gallon cell will be enough for a few runs. You can also fill the cell with race fuel to avoid detonation on the NOS.

#13 ·
Under say 200hp, a plate hits harder and is the easier option, but it doesnt compare with the hardcore looks of a Fogger. Nice setup you have there Falcon Coupe!

I also used an aluminum fuel cell in the engine bay, exclusively for the nitrous. I think there is a picture of it in the gallery.

#15 ·
The NOS spray plates are only about 1/2" think.

That small fuel tank is a good idea. Saves all that plumbing too. It would be easy to remove the whole thing if not required either.

Are there any ANDRA regulations about running fuel cells in the engine bay?

#17 ·
XD408 said:
Always liked the idea of having a little shot of nos on board, not like i need it its mainly for looks and well maybe a few extra tenths of the times :driver: you can never have enough HP :)

A few extra tenths??????????

You are not using enough unless you knock off a couple of SECONDS

Put it this way: It doesnt matter how fast or powerful your car is, it will always be faster and more powerfull on NOS.

#18 ·
Racer said:
A few extra tenths??????????

You are not using enough unless you knock off a couple of SECONDS

Put it this way: It doesnt matter how fast or powerful your car is, it will always be faster and more powerfull on NOS.
Im going to be running 12.5.1 compression and the camshaft isnt a nitrous camshaft and i havent grout filled the block so i dont want to push it to hard. Im only going to a 100shot no more than that figured it might take off a 2-4 tenths hoping to run ultra low 10s possibly a high 9 N/A dont think itll take a second or two off.

#19 ·
XD408 said:
Im going to be running 12.5.1 compression and the camshaft isnt a nitrous camshaft and i havent grout filled the block so i dont want to push it to hard. Im only going to a 100shot no more than that figured it might take off a 2-4 tenths hoping to run ultra low 10s possibly a high 9 N/A dont think itll take a second or two off.
So when are you going to run it again, do you have a cage yet ?
have you sorted out the traction issues ?

#21 ·
XD408 said:
A small 100 shot should knock twice that time off. I'd put at least 200hp through it and chasing 9's if i were you. I have mates running 350hp through Clevos, but it gets a bit sketchy after about 250hp....

#22 ·
RSWEPN said:
Ive got a pic of the nos setup on my brothers ford. I cant upload it. Its a fogger system. Can anyone upload the pic for me.
It's quite easy.........2 options.

1. Go to the "advanced reply" option below. It will then show a button called "manage attachments". You can then add your picture using the browse option. It must me less than 1000 pixels wide and less than about 145kB. It will the include a thumbnail in your post that people can click on to view.

2. Click on the "Vehicle Gallery" just to the left, inside your info block, or alternatively, the "Ford Gallery" link to the right under link partners. You should then have an "upload photos" link. Just follow the prompts on how to do this.

Once your pic is saved on the website, you can right click on it for the properties URL address...........eg: http//www.fordforums.your.car.jpeg

Paste that link inbetween these characters and it will show the pick in your thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.