Ford Forums banner

Dyno Results For Jet711

5K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  tony xa 
#1 ·
Hey guys dynoed my car today at cv performance no tuning just power run, 379hp at the treads, more in it however lost fuel pressure at 6500rpm because of my mech. fuel pump, exhaust is twin 2.5 inch press bend, so its way to small and im still using the steel engine fan, conservatively i feel it has 415hp at the rear, i am also running 1.3.4 inch primary pacemakers so there is probably a bit left in that as well........I very happy, thats with the AFD 4vs.....

#2 ·
Jet711 said:
Hey guys dynoed my car today at cv performance no tuning just power run, 379hp at the treads, more in it however lost fuel pressure at 6500rpm because of my mech. fuel pump, exhaust is twin 2.5 inch press bend, so its way to small and im still using the steel engine fan, conservatively i feel it has 415hp at the rear, i am also running 1.3.4 inch primary pacemakers so there is probably a bit left in that as well........I very happy, thats with the AFD 4vs.....
Out of curiosity, what cam are you running?
Sounds like some good numbers.

#6 ·
falcon coupe said:
There is a restriciton somewhere, that combo should be way over that, hopefully it's only the fuel pump. What compression do you have ?

11.8 to 1, exhaust is a major problem, carline press bent system, im expecting over 400hp after i do my exhaust, dnt forget my fuel system is non existant, that was straight of the street, no re-jetting of the carb nothing not even timing adjustments, on PULP.........

#10 ·
I would have expected more than that but as you said exhurst and fuel system would have costed you a bucket load .
I would like to see what happens after you change the above .It would be above the 400rwhp .
In saying all that its not bad considering no tune or anything .I would be happy with the result knowing how much improving there is left to go .

#11 ·
xdclevo said:
It depends whos dyno you are on too. I wouldn't worry about chassis dynos, and give it the strip dyno.
Either way, very nice results :hy: :hy: .

Hehe the Dyno in question is one the only 4wd dynos in sydney! As soon as i put a clutch in it i will be at the track, after i do pump, exhaust and a new fan, i want to run mid 11s on street radials!
AFR readings werent avalible because my exhaust dumps before the diff!
378 cubes....Concord is in Sydney, the curve was pretty straight just leveled off as the fuel pressure dropped....

#12 ·
tony xa said:
I would have expected more than that but as you said exhurst and fuel system would have costed you a bucket load .
I would like to see what happens after you change the above .It would be above the 400rwhp .
In saying all that its not bad considering no tune or anything .I would be happy with the result knowing how much improving there is left to go .
Tony,

Yeah its got plenty more in it, just lost interest due to work commitments same combo with a bit less comp. made 550hp on an engine dyno, so i guess thats the potential its got, should have exhaust done in a month as well as pump, bigger fuel lines (3/8 at present,) bigger pick up in the fuel tank, its only 5/16!!!! I cant stress how bad my exhaust is, blind freddy would have done a better job. Check out a site called, www.bestmufflers.com.au, in sydney theres a few interesting cars on there......

#14 ·
xdclevo said:
It depends whos dyno you are on too. I wouldn't worry about chassis dynos, and give it the strip dyno.
Either way, very nice results :hy: :hy: .
You will probably find that Con and Vic's dyno is accurate - unlike others

Being professional racers, C&V need their dyno numbers to translate into track numbers. Their dyno numbers may seem low (read accurate), but their proven track performance over the last 20 years doesn't lie.

#15 ·
Good result so far jet, hopefully with mine i will have everything right the first time the zaust and fuel system, i was going to modify my existing fuel tank for half inch lines and pick up but friend has a brand new 80 lt rci fuel cell going cheap so i will move the mounts on it and run a mounting edge around it and sit it flush with the floor, i have the tfc in 2v with modded 2v head's and a 800 milled holley which i will sell to buy a brolaws 775.
AZZA

#17 ·
azza said:
Good result so far jet, hopefully with mine i will have everything right the first time the zaust and fuel system, i was going to modify my existing fuel tank for half inch lines and pick up but friend has a brand new 80 lt rci fuel cell going cheap so i will move the mounts on it and run a mounting edge around it and sit it flush with the floor, i have the tfc in 2v with modded 2v head's and a 800 milled holley which i will sell to buy a brolaws 775.
AZZA
Thanks AZZA yeah is take a while to get half way there time for me is the hard thing, no matter wat theres allways sumtin that will catch you out!!!! Hehe you should hit those numbers with your engine to, just make sure you use a spacer the bigger the better, i found a huge difference with the spacer.

I wish i could keep the mechanical pump, all you guys that are aiming for making under 500hp, give one of the mechanical mallories a go!!!!!

#23 ·
silver fox said:
on that dyno good result, one of my mates standard stroke clevo 2v cast heads made 317 rwhp and run 11.6 in all steel xw 2 weeks ago at eastern creek,
Too right. C&V 300RWKW Falcons usually run deep 10's @130.

Years ago, i ran 11.2@118 N/A in a Cortina with only 238 RWHP (or was it 248?) at about 1400KG.

I just dynoed the Tiger and got 343 RWHP (26RWHP more, and 500kg less than the Falcon mentioned). No wonder the thing feels so f@#king fast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.