Ford Forums banner

Custom Grill for Five Hundred

11K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Toaderly 
#1 ·
:help: I'm about to purchase the Five Hundred AWD and I couldn't be happier with my choice... the ONLY thing I really don't like about the "look" of the car is the grill... I read in Comsumer Reports that someone put a custom grill on their Five Hundred... I've looked and looked but can't seem to find such a thing... Does anyone have any suggestions... With the grill changed, I know I'll be THRILLED with my new purchase...:help:

#3 ·
Sorry it took me so long to respond... I'm grateful to you for your info... I did get the grille without the Ford emblem showing through (the one that required cutting out the old grille... they did have to leave a little bit of the "honeycomb" in order to bolt the new one in... what the installer did was paint that left over honeycomb black so it doesn't show through at all...) and I LOVE it... You directed me to the site so I could get the right one... thanks a bunch... I've also ordered a chrome Ford emblem to replace the blue oval on the trunk... (I just don't care for that blue oval at all)...

FYI... I LOVE my Five Hundred... it has proven to be everything I expected and more... I traded in my 2003 F150 Lariat FX4 supercrew with ALL the bells and whistles and I've got to tell you, I don't miss that gas hog... this car has made me forget that I've driven only trucks for the last 20 years... It was a huge leap of faith to go back to a "car".... I had done my reshearch and knew very well what I was getting into... no regrets here... A few things I had installed that make it perfect... the grille, spoiler, limo tinted windows, daytime running lights, chrome wheels and Bluetooth so I can talk "hands free" on my cell phone... I'm VERY happy (in case you couldn't tell... :hy:

Again, thanks for your input...

Barbara

Toaderly said:

#4 ·
Glad I could help.

I love my Five Hundred as well and since picking it up in late July, I've been busy doing this and that to it - painted brake calipers, chrome door handles, tinted windows, LED's, etc, etc. I invite you to check out MyFord500.com. You'll find a bunch of Five Hundred fanatics, as well as a few Montego fans.

Toad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.