Ford Forums banner

TV on BA ICC

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Moby58 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Brand new to this and was just wondering if it is at all possible to watch TV or DVD on the Premium Sound ICC?
Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kano

#2 ·
it is mate, using a blahpunkt (or however you spell it) setup. about $1500 all told. pretty nifty idea in my opinion.

#3 ·
#5 ·
It's possible to do a D.I.Y. install with a Teac DVB-400 STB ( they are 12 volt ) download and install the special BA Falcon NTSC version software from Teac, make a cable or buy the Blaupunkt interface cable that plugs up to the ICC and you will have digital TV on your ICC.

It does'nt have to be the Teac but whatever it is it helps if it is 12 volt and outputs NTSC or the ICC screen won't work.

#6 ·
XcelR8 said:
It's possible to do a D.I.Y. install with a Teac DVB-400 STB ( they are 12 volt ) download and install the special BA Falcon NTSC version software from Teac, make a cable or buy the Blaupunkt interface cable that plugs up to the ICC and you will have digital TV on your ICC.

It does'nt have to be the Teac but whatever it is it helps if it is 12 volt and outputs NTSC or the ICC screen won't work.
how much would that set you back?

#7 ·
dawal5 said:
how much would that set you back?
I got the Teac for a 100 bucks on eBay, a diversity antenna from a guy called mobileseller8 ( I think he owes me some commission by now too!) for 30 bucks posted and I went the Blaupunkt cable which was 120 bucks but this was a favour that can't be repeated. You can make the cable quite easily for probably 20 bucks or so ( I'm lousy at soldering!)

I think someone posted a link about all this in the Territory section, well worth the read. You should find links to the info for making the cable ( you can buy them from Ford but I'd hate to guees what the price would be).

When I get stuck at the level crossing up here I just watch some tele! Keeps my temper under control!

I hope I'm allowed to post this link?

http://www.************.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10310

It's a good read but a long one!

O.K. I'm obviously not allowed to post that link, it won't work.

Well there's xr8's websites and Ford XR6 Turbo dot COM s and BA's and all sorts but some are more helpful than others if you want TV on your ICC. I hope I don't get in trouble for that.

Damn that computers good! Sorry guys you'll have to work it out for yourselves! (I tried again)

#9 ·
gjrobertson said:
I saw this product the other day. Think it is being shown @ the Sydney Motor Show

http://www.hitv.com.au/
Good research, sounds very interesting, wonder what the price is like.

The TV does'nt want to work to well while driving, the unit you found reckons it cures it with a duplex arrangement? Maybe....maybe not.

I might pop into Wow and see if I can get a look at one and find out a price.

I'd hate to invest in one to find out it does nothing better than my little Teac.Wonder if they'd let me test it for a while?

#10 ·
how much is a premium icc worth? i don't care about 1 cd or 6 stack and all i need is a normal ac one.

the only one i found at a wrecker he wanted $1200.

other wreckers i asked what they were worth said about $400. but they didn't have any.

well, i'd be happy to part with anything up to about $600 so what are they worth? cos another $400 or there abouts and i can have dvd....

also, would it be possible to buy one a dvd player and run it through the existing icc, or does a standard one not have the aux input? this would obvioulsy only be for sound as the standard icc isn't colour.

thanks,
des.

#11 ·
dawal5 said:
how much is a premium icc worth? i don't care about 1 cd or 6 stack and all i need is a normal ac one.

the only one i found at a wrecker he wanted $1200.

other wreckers i asked what they were worth said about $400. but they didn't have any.

well, i'd be happy to part with anything up to about $600 so what are they worth? cos another $400 or there abouts and i can have dvd....

also, would it be possible to buy one a dvd player and run it through the existing icc, or does a standard one not have the aux input? this would obvioulsy only be for sound as the standard icc isn't colour.

thanks,
des.
I don't know what an ICC would be worth.

I don't think the standard sound has the AUX input but you could use an FM modulator and tune the radio to it.

#12 ·
You need the Premium ICC. It is colour, the others arent. Also, the premium has extra wiring for the Sat Nav system, and this is the connector you use to get the DVD/TV signal to the screen.

Also, I believe the audio AUX can be added to any of the 3 audio systems

dawal5 said:

thanks,
des.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.