Ford Forums banner

Exhaust on TC...

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TD302 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what you guys have on your corties... I need the biggest exhaust I can possibly fit under the car without litterally scraping on the ground... I was thinking possibly twin 2.5" into a single 3.5" would be about the biggest I could fit...

Any help would be great thanks

Craig

#3 ·
I sense a bit of sarcasm there.. hehe... I was just wondering what everyone else has done with their cars...

yeah it's got superlows so there is no way I'm going to have legal ground clearance.. I'll run it under the borgy diff too...

if you were being serious about the 5" pipe, I reckon it won't... no way... there'll be some serious cutting into the passenger side footwell happening... haha

craig

#4 ·
i run a mandrel bent 2 1/2" along the same route as the original system up and over a 9 inch lowered about 90mm with plenty of room to spare. it sits a bit low where the muffler is under the rhr footwell. as far as it hanging down, it's only a visual thing which annoys me everytime i see it but it doesnt hang low enough to scrape on anything but the usual. i reckon with a pit of mucking around u'll have no worries with a 3" especially if u want to run it under the diff.

if i wanted to run a 5" i'd make a new tunnel out of box and run it parrallel to the tailshaft. it's not like u'r gonna use a forcefed 393 just to nip down to the shops to buy a new pair of thongs..........but then again

#5 ·
HAHA no sarcasm here mate. You just asked whats the biggest you can fit so i wondered what bits you were using. The 5" is just comming off the turbo then under the car into twin 3" or what ever. None of my Cortina's have ever been that low. Well at the front anyhow :) It looks like i'll be using the GT42R with a 74mm front and a 1.16 or what ever rear that takes a 31/2 dump and staying with 351 cubes after reading the turbo section of this forum. Should be good for 800fwhp running blow through but might go injection

#6 ·
TaraHymen said:
i run a mandrel bent 2 1/2" along the same route as the original system up and over a 9 inch lowered about 90mm with plenty of room to spare. it sits a bit low where the muffler is under the rhr footwell. as far as it hanging down, it's only a visual thing which annoys me everytime i see it but it doesnt hang low enough to scrape on anything but the usual. i reckon with a pit of mucking around u'll have no worries with a 3" especially if u want to run it under the diff.

if i wanted to run a 5" i'd make a new tunnel out of box and run it parrallel to the tailshaft. it's not like u'r gonna use a forcefed 393 just to nip down to the shops to buy a new pair of thongs..........but then again

No Norm just to get the milk and bread.... :driver: yeeee harrrrrrrrrr

#7 ·
tara hymen: cool, should be a bit of a tight fit with the 3 inch hehe but I'll make it fit I think.. or probably twins, get the turbo spooling!

TD302: that thing is gonna be a monster! the holset I have has a 90 mm exhaust wheel so I've used a 4" dump on it.. I'm guessing it will have some top end! I used it on a standard motor for a short while and It started making boost at 2000 with a 2.5 inch exhaust.

I'm guessing a GT42 on a 351 will make boost VERY early... torque monster!

craig

#8 ·
Thats the plan.. Was going to build a 393t, but if a na 500fwhp 351 can run a 10 then my goal of a 9 or quicker with a turbo shouldn't be too hard. But I think i'm asking a little too much of the C4 so it's a glide for me I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.