Ford Forums banner

351 Cleveland with unusual engine number.

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim140862 
#1 ·
Hi all. My enquiry is whether anyone can shed some light on a 351 Cleveland engine that I own which has an engine number that differs from the usual JG..etc, and also that the number is located on the top surface of the engine block. I know the history of the engine back to about 1979, when it had proper big port 4v heads and a toploader gearbox (which I still have).

The engine number is not stamped in the usual position on the side of the block above the fuel pump, but is on the top surface of the engine immediately forward (i.e. to the front of the car) from the distributor. And, it is stamped facing backwards (i.e. facing the cabin). The number is ZF7A2900030.

The casting numbers found elsewhere on the block are D2AE-CA, with 4C4 below it, and the numbers 1,3,5,7,9 on the clock face, with a dimple between 3 & 5 and 7 & 9. I have been advised that 4C4 is a 4th March 1974 Australian casting from an XB and the clock is the shift that it was cast in.

If anyone has any comment or opinion on the engine or has an interest in it please let me know.

Regards, Adrian (Tel. 0438 593 038). :driver:

See less See more
#2 ·
Jim140862 said:
Hi all. My enquiry is whether anyone can shed some light on a 351 Cleveland engine that I own which has an engine number that differs from the usual JG..etc, and also that the number is located on the top surface of the engine block. I know the history of the engine back to about 1979, when it had proper big port 4v heads and a toploader gearbox (which I still have).

The engine number is not stamped in the usual position on the side of the block above the fuel pump, but is on the top surface of the engine immediately forward (i.e. to the front of the car) from the distributor. And, it is stamped facing backwards (i.e. facing the cabin). The number is ZF7A2900030.

The casting numbers found elsewhere on the block are D2AE-CA, with 4C4 below it, and the numbers 1,3,5,7,9 on the clock face, with a dimple between 3 & 5 and 7 & 9. I have been advised that 4C4 is a 4th March 1974 Australian casting from an XB and the clock is the shift that it was cast in.

If anyone has any comment or opinion on the engine or has an interest in it please let me know.

Regards, Adrian (Tel. 0438 593 038). :driver:
Sounds like a Ford Australia 2V crate engine part number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.