Ford Forums banner

How many miles do you get on a tankfull?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  RedAUXR6 
#1 ·
My wife is complaining about the XR8 as she drives it to work and she reckons it costs to much for petrol. It did 320 kms and took 61 litres to fill it, this was all city driving in traffic. Does this sound about right?

Trouble is her old car was a 2.0 litre 4 cyl and she is not used to a V8. She loves the car in every other way though, and me too :)

G
#2 ·
I do about 55kms to work and 55 kms home again on the M4. About 1/2 peak hour and 1/2 normal highway cruising. Therefore the car always gets a chance to warm up every trip. I can get about 400-450 kms from 60ish litres (12.5L/100kms is the best city "economy" ever). On a proper highway trip I have had a 10.6L/100kms. Next week I am getting my 150,000km service and I am getting the injectors removed from the car and cleaned out properly in an ultrasonic bath. I have been told this may even make it better on fuel.

G
#4 ·
Well, depends on driving style. A thrashing around the city will see ~350km, while "Driving Miss Daisy" on the freeway can get me over 600km. :) Recent trip to Noosa and back averaged at 11.0L/100km round trip. Very happy with that.

G
#5 ·
From a mexican (Victorian) my AU1 XR8 manual regualry pulls 500+ km per tank. HAve seen 635km on a haul to Canberra on Shell premium.
NO Miss Daisy stuff but steady on the go pedalusing cruise at 100-115KM . NSW cops are not friendly !!!

G
#7 ·
Update - on the trip up here, from Sydney to Tweed Heads, I got 500k's out of the first 50L, and 510k's out of the second 50L. This was with a FULL load, running on BS-ULP (bog standard unleaded). Quite a pleasing result, really. :) BTW juice up here varies between 80.9 and 88.9 c/L, depending on the time of day. No Optimax though :(

#8 ·
Hello all, similar to timbo I travel 55km to work and then 55km back home with half of travel via the M5. My manual XR6 will always get 600km from a tank. On a holiday to Surfers I could reach 800km a tank with 2 adults and 2 kids and a shit load of rubbish in the car. My previous EF XR6 returned similar if not better figures......keep on trucking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.