Ford Forums banner

EB1 5.0 eprom

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ebsleeper 
#1 ·
Hope you guys can help, I want to desolder the eprom out of my ECU (EB1 5.0) and edit the tune using my gang programmer and Tuner-pro. What i need to know is this:

Is the ford eprom the same as, say a 27c256 eprom, or are they a different pinout allocation?

What is the language of the code?

Any light shed would be greatful.

Cheers,

adrian

ebsleeper

#2 ·
You don't desolder anything, you cannot reprogram the chips themselves. You reprogram, or more accuratly override the EEC data it via an additional J3 memory adaptor. There are several products out there that will allow you to do this but unfortuantly there is basically no info regarding the memory locations on the Australian EEC's (ford change the memory locations on every EEC catch code to stop people doing this), and even with 10+ years of cracking, only a few of the US EEC's are cracked. Your best option is to either use a Tweecer which does have some EB/ED support, or use a US A9L based EEC and then you have a few more options for reprograming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.