Ford Forums banner

Picked up a new toy... (1986 GT w/ T-tops)

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Freshmeat 
#1 ·
I brought this home last night, for free. Looking forward to tearing into it.

Exterior (I wanted the 86 cap and tails, but oh well... it was free):

Remaining damage:

Wonder why the roof leaks... (me pushing on the roof as compared to not pushing... any ideas how to reseal this?)

Engine shot:

Interior:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks... but it's already on its way under. Hehehe.
It's gonna cost too much just to get it reliable, so I'm selling it to a local Mustang junkyard who will ensure that the parts are used appropriately. I'm keeping the T5 and related parts so I can do a 5spd conversion on another Crown Victoria.

#4 ·
Hey wait I need a few parts Freshmeat. I need the connector that bolts on to the back of the smog pump that the hose attaches to. I need the h-pipe, heater hoses, lower shift boot, pass. side turn signal, oil dipstick and tube. That's all I can think of right now. Oh and what ever goes in the hole I have in the intake right next to the water outlet heres a pic. Oh well it said it is not a valid image. I can probably e-mail it to you though Later man

#5 ·
Smog equipment no longer exists.
H-pipe is staying with me.
Heater hose (assuming you mean the metal line) is rotted (I always run straight rubber hose)
Lower shift boot isn't there.
Turn signal is broken up internally.
Dipstick and tube won't come out (sorry, I tried) and the dipstick I need for my wagon.

What are you talking about for a hole next to your water outlet? E-mail the picture to me- jacocksauto@yahoo.com and I'll see if I can at least help you out on that... but he really had trashed this car.

Sorry I'm not of much use to you otherwise. Does this give you any idea of why I'm not keeping it? Hehehe. It's pretty much only small things, but there are actually enough small things to make it not worth my while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.