Ford Forums banner

Speed limited ??

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MYXR8UTE 
#1 ·
HI Gang,

This is probably a dumb question but can someone please tell me if my new (built April 01) AUII XR6HP is speed limited, and if so to what.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi mate im more than sure the computer controls the speed limiter an aftermarket chip will remove it
but remember ally tailshaft flexs & gets harmonic vibrations thru it also an auto will die from what im told

#6 ·
XR'S and T'series are speed limited to 255 kph .. AUi & AUii utes and TL series are limited to 185 kph because of tail shaft length .. apparently tickford have found that the longer the tailshaft the more 'whip' they generate (not a good thing ).. as for autos they will go the distance, but still shouldnt be over sped and they will drop there guts if you continualy spin them to fast.. as for speed limiting your mad if you remove the limiter because its there to stop your car self destructing .. i know in my ute that i really dont want the tail shaft coming through the floor..
regards brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.