Ford Forums banner

rear wiper

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Carlos Coysh 
#1 ·
I have a ka silver w reg that has a rear window wipe and heater that only works when they want to! I have cleaned up the contacts but still no luck, there is voltage going to the contact above the rear bumper. The strange thing is you can have it turned on for 5-10mins not working then it will start working all by its self.
Any ideas?:help:

#3 ·
I had this problem when i first got my Ka. The back wiper just wouldnt go, then one day, me and my sister were in teh car and it just went off, really random.
Anyway since then its been fine, it goes on when i put it on, however it sprays water too, is that right?? On my front wipers i have to press the button for it to spray water.

#4 ·
claire1403 said:
I had this problem when i first got my Ka. The back wiper just wouldnt go, then one day, me and my sister were in teh car and it just went off, really random.
Anyway since then its been fine, it goes on when i put it on, however it sprays water too, is that right?? On my front wipers i have to press the button for it to spray water.
The Thing i've found with the Ka is that there can be some electrical probs that are quite simple to sort out, i mean the rear wiper's spray will come on if you pull back on the lever to hard, but, as ford tech said alot of the time i found it to be the copper tailgate hinges just need to be de rusted and a bit more loose to actually complete the circuit.. hops this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.