Ford Forums banner

2007 Expedition EL Limited - Startup Hesitation

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  00gtr1 
#1 ·
Hi,

Would anybody know of problems concerning hesitation on startup from a stop position with the new 2007 Expedition.

I have this problem, but it doesn't happen all of the time. If I come to a complete stop and wait for 5 seconds it's okay. If it's any less then that the pecentage chance of a hesitation goes up tremendously.

I've talked to the Dealer and they said it's also happening with the F-150's, with no explanation for why.

Beyond that the Vehicles been great.

Any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
The hesation you are feeling is a byproduct of "fly by wire" throttle operation. f-150's and Expeditons equipped with the 3v 5.4 have electronic throttle operation they have eleminated the cable operation. Pretty much every manufactor runs the setup, goverment request to help with fuel mileage. Some vehicles aren't as bad as others, As a ford tech there are some PCM reprograms to help with the problem. I'm not sure about the 07's haven't worked on one yet. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Thanks for the explanation.

It doesn't happen all of the time and it's slight when it does. Coming from a V10 Excursion that accelerated very good from a stop. I didn't expect the hesitation from the Expedition.

It's kind of funny that the government is trying to save fuel because I've had a tendency of stepping on the gas even further when this hesitation occurs burning more fuel then I normally would of if it ran like the old vehicles.

#4 ·
No problem glad to help. Also your v10 had a little more pep than the 5.4. Plus with that electronic throttle if you mash the gas some time the throttle doesn't open all the way because you can't feel it. that's where the government comes in. Ford tells us that these engine don't always put out max power until your using the truck ie pulling a trailer or a full load in the back. I'm disappointed they quit production of the excursion there's a lot of people that like them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.