Ford Forums banner

starting problems

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SRamirez79 
#1 ·
i have an 88 Fullsize Bronco w/ a 351. I went to start it and it was real sluggish but finally started. It sounded like it was trying to turn over then after 4 or 5 seconds it would start. Before last week it started up in a snap. I replaced the starter solenoid. I went to crank it and it did the same thing then when i went to shut it off it cut off but the motor was still trying to turn over. I had to take the ground off the battery to get it to stop. I need to know how to get it to quit doin that and how to get it to start right. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

#2 ·
OleBlue said:
i have an 88 Fullsize Bronco w/ a 351. I went to start it and it was real sluggish but finally started. It sounded like it was trying to turn over then after 4 or 5 seconds it would start. Before last week it started up in a snap. I replaced the starter solenoid. I went to crank it and it did the same thing then when i went to shut it off it cut off but the motor was still trying to turn over. I had to take the ground off the battery to get it to stop. I need to know how to get it to quit doin that and how to get it to start right. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
try another battery , if it still does it then the starter needs a check.

#5 ·
Hello All,
I'm new here. I have an 1985 ford Bronco 2. I'm having problems with the starter. I think that its missing 1 screw, so the started keeps moving. So when i try to start it it just spins. Does anybody have Started Diagrams or how the started should be installed properly ? Please Help, I'm trying to get this Baby started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.