Ford Forums banner

Getting rid of Ka but need help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dar3n 
#1 ·
I am just about to hand my 52 plate Ford Ka over to Arnold Clark who will be putting it up for auction. They have already paid the finance off for me. However, my engine management light has been coming on and there is no power in the acceleration. It also sounds as though the engine is working extremely hard to keep the car moving. So i have given up on driving it. I was wondering if there is any way for you to wire around this light. I've heard it can be done. It may sound nasty, but i dont particularly want to pay to get it fixed when they can simply do it at the garage anyway and I'm getting rid of it. I also dont want them to say I've with held information from them (which i am doing i know.... but if the engine management light didnt come on, i technically didnt know anything was wrong!) hoping 2 get my mate 2 do it over next few days! so if anyone could offer some advice!! i would be eternally grateful :)

#2 ·
if you can get to the dashboard, take the bulb out.
but.. this may open a circuit, preventing something else from working,
I had the same prob on a cavalier, I got around it by simply breaking the glass on the bulb and pushing the wores together.
cowboy tactics I know but like you i was getting rid to part ex it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.