Ford Forums banner

what do i need to change my eb from auto to manual

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  9psi EB 
#1 ·
i have an ed xr6 auto and would like to convert it to a manual just wondering about the computer and the electrical side of things??

#3 ·
HA thats barely the list!

Its an ED.

You need
Box, Bell housing, clutch fork, thrust carrier, Flywheel, Flywheel bolts, inspection cover, clutch cable, manual wiring loom (its a short section), new Spigot bearing, preferably a new clutch kit and a FULL pedal box.

As for changing the computer, thats debatable. All the ones i have seen done and simply had the auto computer (next to the park brake under the dash) disconnected.

It is also a dash out job to change the pedal box.

Cheers
Jas

#4 ·
it is a good idea to change the computer to manual because the fuel mapping and engine timming are diffrent from manual to auto!
when i changed my ef to manual i didnt even get another pedal box i just used the existing auto pedal box and made a nifty little adapterplate and pin took me bout 45 minutes to have a manual pedal box rather than pull all the dash out!

#6 ·
well actually i made my adapter plate the same day a mate fitted a "BRAND NEW" pedal box that he bought from ford and im sorry but he has welded his pedal box back up twice since then and i havent even looked at mine even though i have a much heavier clutch than his!
i dont wanna talk my self up but i might have forgoten to mension i work as a fitter welder! so these things come naturally to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.