Ford Forums banner

AU2 boot condensation HELP

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  botch 
#1 ·
I've been getting wet carpet around to black plate that covers the fuel sender/pump access hatch and wondering if anyone else can shed light as to why this is happening. I have the black Ford boot protector/liner-would this be casuing the carpet to sweat. HELP

#3 ·
SLIMLINE PLATES PERHAPS?

On some falcons, if you have the slimline plates fitted and dont use all the factory holes to hold the plate on, water can leak through the plastic grommety bung thing in the bootlid. If this is the problem, just seal up with some black silastic.

#5 ·
sjwau2xr6 said:
I don't have slimline plates on the back. I've been inside the boot with the lid closed and a mate with a torch on the outside and under the car but could not see any pinholes etc. Any other ideas?
Instead of using a torch get your mate to use a hose.

#6 ·
another idea

The rear screens sometimes leak on auI's. Water gets in through the seal and seeps into the boot via the parcel shelf. If this is the problem then get it fixed under warranty as the rear screen HAS to be pulled out to be fixed properly.

:s6: :s2:

Another thought part II: Not leaking through spoiler holes is it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.