Ford Forums banner

inlet & heads

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cjperformance 
#1 ·
hi...hey just picked up a 302c (JG31NM 81191K D2AE-CA ILI2)for a jetboat project, also picked up another block -heads that has no #stamps up front only the D2AE-CA cast at the rear.

I picked the first block as
Australia
Broadmeadows
FALCON 500 WAGON
March
xc?
12.7 mm distributor shaft?
pre emissions?

the second bare block I am guessing is from the US.
All seems in ok nick I might even get a season out of it before a rebuild, problem I am looking at is that it has 2v heads as per the norm but it has a inlet thats a dual plain (spread bore)
Am I right in thinking the spread bore was for the 351 with 4v heads and the 302's are all twin bore carbs not the 4 barrel?
If this is the case my reading says its a poor match to put a spread bore inlet on 2v heads and I am better off with just the twin barrel carb set up?

little confused cause I have also read the holly 465 is a good carb for a 302 but that a 4barrel square bore set up???

this is stock heavy cast iron stuff heres the inlet #'s 2L7 76DA-9425-C8

will be lots of questions over the next couple of months cause this is the bestest place on the net for that kinda thing and its better to learn before I do anything

See less See more
#2 ·
your first block is us cast, aussie delivered. your list of creds is correct. tour second block with no apparent enging number on front will be us cast and delivered. look on rear of block(bellhousing face) on passenger side(lhs) between the dowell and the top bolt there will be a us engine number. it is the same block as your first one just us delivered. dual plane spread bore manifolds came out on 302, 351 and 351 4v.(large port) check manifold port to head port size for match. auto xb gt and xc onward had 2v port with 4 bl carb and 302/3514v stamped on id sticker in engine family section. on these engines, 4v just meant 4 venturi carb not (large port) 4v heads. the carb and manifold you have will work great on a stock or mild 302. cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.