Ford Forums banner

07 Expedition EL subwoofer rattle

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jmizzlefoshizz 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has found a way to eliminate the rattle coming from the audiophile system's subwoofer? I'm thinking about taking it to a local audio retailer and asking if they can install dynamat inside the subwoofer enclosure for me... is that lame? Is this an easy procedure for an Expedition newbie?

Is there anything else I can do to reduce the rattle?

#5 ·
My subwoofer blew on my 07 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer Edition. I would like to replace it with a dvc infinity 8" subwoofer. Can anyone assist me with any information on how to do this and if this subwoofer will work. Usually when i replace door speakers i just clip the wires strip them and attach new ends. This cable for the subwoofer is a ribbon cable and am not sure how i will attach it or even get to the sub to take it out. Thank you:hit:

#6 ·
Sorry, that's above my skill level. Shortly after starting this thread back in '07, I went to a local car audio shop and had them remove the factory sub, then install a 5-channel JBL amp inside the wall where the sub used to be. I now have a 10" Alpine in a custom built sealed box in the cargo area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.