Ford Forums banner

Ford Mondeo 1.8L LX Problem

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  backlash1 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, OK I have a ford mondeo 1.8L LX Zetec engine.

THis car has been the best car for me for a long time until now, Regurly serviced by local mechanic, and only has 40,000 on clock.

When driving the car it now is a bit jerky, I mean when for example im driving at 40-50 miles an hour the car suddenly misfires and seems to jolt the car. Like there is some sort of intermittent blockage. or something is giving when the car is under load.

One minute you can cruising no problem and then all of a sudden the car holds back for a split second and then carries on as normal causing the car to jolt. Like a kangeroo effect..

Have replaced Fuell filter, Spark plugs are good and clean, gapped properly.. Air filter is clean, I was thinking that maybe the HT leads are breaking down, Any ideas???

The car idles nicely, and generally runs ok but this annoying intermittent jerking when driving along.. Any ideas???

Paul

See less See more
#2 ·
OK Today I have checked the HT Leads, Coil pack, Spark Plugs, all ok, I tried all from a different car which happened to have the same engine. The problem is still there.
Fords have now said that i should check crankcase alignment scensor and the breather pipes for leakages.. They said they wouldnt know what it could be now if it wasnt the above.

#3 ·
I think I need a bit more info on the actual symptoms but it could be an intermittent fuel pump problem. You could also check the air flow meter, although this gives you more of a flat spot on acceleration and what you describe sounds more like an electrical problem...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.