Ford Forums banner

64 Fairlane-Newbie here!

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  10sec64Fairlan 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased a 64 Ford Fairlane 500 that I look forward to fixing up a little, just looking to make a good driver. I really don't know a whole lot about the old Fords. Don't attack me ....but I spent the last couple of years restoring a 66 Chevy II Nova which I love. I have a passion for old cars regardless of brand. So, what I really need at this point is if someone has a wiring diagram, more specifically of the headlight swith that would be most kind to share with me, I'd greatly appreciate it. The headlights are not working, but I have brake lights, turn signals, interior lights, etc... also I believe the headlight switch has already been replaced by previous owner.

#4 ·
Hi SgtSteve
No, there isnt much in repo sheet metal for the 64.
As for the head lights, do you have a test light? The best way to find the problem is start testing/probing the wires from the headlights back to the switch. Also, check the grounds. The ground is the most over looked in trouble shooting.

Charlie

PS. I have a 64 Fairlane website if you'd like to check it out. Most of the forum members own 64's. You can get to the forum from the main menu.
Midnight Angel Racing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.