Ford Forums banner

'71 Torino Headers

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  geos sho 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice about the best performance headers to choose for my '71 Torino 500 2dr Hard Top.

It has the 351-4v (M Code) engine, ac, ps, pdb and is an automatic (not sure which but the Vin code is U and its called the 'cruise-o-matic' in the literature).

I've only found 2 examples of a part to fit:
Speedy Performance Parts - Product Comparison - Ford Torino 1971 - 1971 Ford Torino Headers

Are there any others available that anyone knows of and which would provide the best performance. Also any positive or negative experiences with the manufacturers.

#2 ·
The 71 torino shares its chassis with the mustang cougar and ranchero headers for any of those for an automatic will fit. You probably have the FMX tranny. Hooker makes the best headers super comps are the best. I'm useing the hooker comps. I got mine from jethot. You can get uncoated ones and maybe even coated from summit. I paid approx $450 for mine 4 years ago. I have an m code mach I. with a top loader. They definitely have them for your car.

#4 ·
just installed hooker comp on my 72 fastback they are awsome went from old stye shorties to the hookers and full exhaust to dyno max and never even dropped a tenth in the 1/4. the cheap headers are seperate flanges the hookers ae one piece and twice as thick!!!! well worth the money. you also have more choices due to the FMX cast iron body, the c-6 cars are tougher and limited to a few. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.