Ford Forums banner

2002 f150 air conditioner blows from dash only

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gmaier 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 F150 FX4 and it has the air conditioner that you can set to a temp and it will cool to that temp and adjust to remain the same temp (not sure what it is referred to). The A/C would blow out of the fron t vents as it is supposed to and a few months back it started blowing out of the dash/defrost vent when I would excel. Back then, I could swithch the controls and it would go back to normal for a while, but over time it will not switch back anymore. If I stop the truck and turn the A/C off and back on, it will blow out of the front vent, but only on low and as soon as I touch the gas pedal, it blows out of the dash vent again. This was not that big of a deal to me a few months agao, but the fact that I live in Texas, it is becoming a real problem. I have checked the fuses and dont see any problems there, but unsure what else to do. Does anybody know what could be causing this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.