Ford Forums banner

fitting 17 x 8 Series tyres

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jwko 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I need some knowledgable, good advice on this.....thanks.

Is it possible to fit 225/50 series tyres on 17 x 8" rims to an ED falcon..?? emphasis being on the 50 series tyres......will my guards rub..??

or do they need to be 225/45 series tyres to clear the guards/suspension towers etc...??

Also, I have seen 'Pre AU - 35 mm wheel billet adaptors ' for sale...... to allow rims with various offsets to be fitted to pre AU models.....are these safe.....and legal in NSW..??

Thank you in advance.

#3 ·
gudday,im running 235/40/18 tyres on my ED and 235/45/17s on my Eb with no problems,however its all about how low your car is,my old seventeens used to rub on the front guards,when pulling into driveways,so i simply lipped the front guards by tapping them flat on the inside edges and its all sweet now,and trust me my car is as low as i can get it!

#4 ·
G'day guys,
I think, with all due respect, that without knowing the backspacing of the wheels in question, it is only a guess at where a given tyre will rub. Some tyres will rub on the front guards (wheels with a small amount of backspace-deep dish), other tyres will rub on the suspension (wheels with relatively large backspace).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.