Ford Forums banner

97 Ford Ford Ranger Dash & Tail lights not working.

35K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  spring1975 
#1 ·
My 1997 Ford Ranger dash lights and parking light/tail lights are not working. Hazard, brake lights when brake is applied are working. Do you think the light switch is going bad? Thanks for your help in advance.

#7 ·
Same problem with 1995 Mazda. Intermittent. Fuse would blow. Direct short to gorung on right side front marker light. Wire was rubbing aganist frame and cut into insulation. Every now and then the wire would short and blow fuse. Sounds like you have/had direct short in harness somewhere. Start search at rear of vehicle and trace harness to all lights.

#8 ·
I have the same problem. 97 Ranger parking lights and dash aren't working. I've checked both the fuse in the cabin and the distribution box. I've checked for power at both and there is none when the switch is turned on. I disassembled the switch and it looks fine.

The weird thing is the parking and dash lights have come on from cold starts in the past, but it seems to only last for one drive. Doesn't work when I come back to it at the end of the day.

It's getting frustrating with the short daylight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.