Ford Forums banner

99 Taurus no start

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  thundercougar 
#1 ·
Hello all my girlfriends 99 3.0 taurus won't start. It has about 1/3 tank of gas. I can hear the fuel pump kick on and fuel will come out of the fuel rail when the valve is pressed. I swapped out the coil and still no start. I pulled one of the plugs out and cranked it over and its getting a good blue spark. When i'm cranking it over its slow and sluggish til I press in the gas pedal and it turns over good but still no running. But it sounds like its trying to fire up when you are pumping the hell out of the gas pedal. I just replaced the crankshaft position sensor and no go. I also shot some starting fluid in it and it still wouldn't start up but when the pedal was on the floor it puffed a fire ball out of the intake. There are no check engine codes I hooked up my reader and there is zero. I haven't checked the fuel pressure as not one parts store around here has one gauge that will fit it. I'm going to try and unhook the battery for alittle bit and try again. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have to save some cash because my girlfriend just got let go at work last week. Thanks in advance!

#9 ·
You need to hook a fuel pressure tester to the service port, not just depress it. Needs about 35-45 psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.