Ford Forums banner

What is the tire life expectancy of a 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer?

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dramo 
#1 ·
I had my truck go in for inspection, oil change, tire rotation, etc. Got a call today and they said 2 of the tires failed inspection, and because of that they have to replace all 4. I bought this 2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer brand new. Only has about 20,000 miles on it. Don't take it off-roading or anything. Majority of miles are highway miles. Live in eastern PA, so we do get snow, sleet, etc. in winter.

Over $600 for the tires alone. Am I getting "hosed" here? Should the tires last longer? Any recommendations on where to get tires if they do need to be replaced??

#3 ·
I just bought a used 2007 ford explorer with only 16k miles and when i took it for the first oil change the guy told me the tires were worn out. I called the dealership back and they said that they should be good for another 10K miles. So I am only getting 25k miles out of 50k mile tires? He then told me that there was a problem with the tire sensor they had to fix and thats why they were so worn. Maybe you should have it checked under warranty for the tire sensor but it sounds like I am having the same problem as you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.