Ford Forums banner

1978 Ford defroster

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  chipset 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how the defroster attaches to the underside of the dash? The ducting is attached to a plastic piece and that connection is fine. It's where the plastic piece connects to the underside of the dash that I can't keep connected. Because I can't see what I'm doing, I can't tell how it connects. Does it snap in?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

#3 ·
Thanks for the information. In this case the hose isn't rotted off. I had a new car stereo installed and the installer must have pulled it off. Crawled under the dash and thought I popped it back on but still didn't work. I thought maybe there was a keeper of some sort. I'll wedge myself under there and give it another try....... I'm gettin' too old for this!

Thanks again.

Ron

#4 ·
You may have to pull the radio back out to get at it. Sometime the replacement radio is
too deap and will not fit back into the dash knocking the hose off. Sometime the installer will just pull the hose off and leave it that way. They were stapled on at the factory. The hose could have been torn and the excess hose stuck to the fitting will not allow you to put it back on. It slips over about 3 inches. The fitting is tapered. If it wasn't 50 below i'd send you a picture. I have the same truck. Well 10 below anyway.
good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.