Ford Forums banner

05 F-150 wont stay running

9K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
ok i have a 05 F-150 4X4 with a 4.6 V8 it starts, but dies after a second or two. it was running fine then just all the sudden would not stay running. the only way it will idle is if i unhook either the throttle position sensor or the throttle actuator. code reader is showing codes 2104 TAC system forced idle, 2111 TAC system stuck open, and 2135 TPS pedal position sensor/switch a/b voltage correlation.

#2 ·
I'd start with replacing the TPS and IAC sensors, they can cause several different problems, especially if both sensors are shot.

#4 ·
Yes, he could do that as well, but he'd have to buy a book and a meter if he doesn't already own them, and for that he can just buy two sensors that will knowingly need to be replaced down the road irregardless if they're faulty now or not.

#5 ·
Yes, he could do that as well, but he'd have to buy a book and a meter if he doesn't already own them, and for that he can just buy two sensors that will knowingly need to be replaced down the road irregardless if they're faulty now or not.
Not to try to be a meanie here or anything, but I am sure glad you are not my mechanic. :shh: So you are suggesting that he just throws parts at his problems? :whoaa: Considering it is a newer truck, I definitely wouldn't be blindly condemning sensors without testing them.

An ohmmeter can be had for $25 and you can have the mental capacity of a 5th grader and still figure out how to use one. I am willing to bet that someone on here can give him those resistance specs for his sensors. A good reason to visit the forums rather than the parts store right? :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.