Ford Forums banner

95 ford thunderbird cooling fan issues

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
95 ford thunderbird
3.8l v6 stock, automatic

alrite heres the issue fan will not turn on at all causing to overheat, checked all fuses and whatnot. Ran a multimeter to fan plug in and no juice running to it. I jump power to it from the battery itself and the fan will work just fine.
Replaced thermostat, temp sensors (forgot exact name) but theres 2 of em one up by the thermostat and one near the distributor cap and still nada. Is there something Im not aware of before I start tracing wires for a few hours.
any ideas / suggestions would be awesome. First ford ive owned and would like it to be a nice experience

theres power running to the temp sensor by the thermostat but the temp sensor by intake on the other side of the engine has no juice running to it. Traced the wires and found no obvious damage....any ideas of wtf is going on with this

See less See more
#2 ·
oh ya im thinking bout by passing the temp sensor and having it so I can just run a switch to the fan and turn it on and off manually but everywhere I try to draw juice from seems to want to melt my wires anywhere I attach it. any ideas where I can draw the needed juice without it trying to weld my wires to the frame :angry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.