Ford Forums banner

01 Taurus 3.0l misfire cylinder 3

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  colt_13f 
#1 ·
hi there, trying to help out a friend so bare with me when it comes to exact details

I searched and found similar issues but nothing like what this car has. It will have a rough idle and hesitation when accelerating. came over and read a po303 code.cleared it. checked underhood,couldnt see any cracks on the coil pack and no obvious other signs. started it up,had a slight rough idle(nothing too bad) revved it up and it went away. ran it around the block a few times and no matter what couldnt get it to have any roughness again. came back and cleaned the maf with electical connection cleaner and still no problem. talked to the owner and she said it will go away for a while and then come back with no regularity in intervals.

so if it comes back what are your guy's ideas? spark plug? spark plug wire? coil pack? Thaks for the help

#5 ·
i just wanted to know what happened after you replaced the coil pack, i have the same problem and dont wanna dish out the 65 bucks until im sure its the coil pack, i put on new plugs and wires, the plugs were factory gapped for the car and after checking, im getting spark to the #3 cylinder but mabye not enough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.