Ford Forums banner

2008 F150 Remote Start System MisInformation

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jeffsaflyer 
#1 ·
Hello,
I want to go the OEM route with a Remote Start System for my 2008 F150 Lariat.

My Ford Dealer has not been able to provide all the information I need to make a decision on which of the alleged three OEM Systems to install.
In the research I have done, there is the Bronze System which is basically a plug-and-play One-Button Start System only and uses a separate Remote.

The Silver System which is the Start System along with the Panic, and Door Locking/Unlocking Functions, and only one Remote does it all.
And the Gold System which is the Silver System with the addition of a more advance Alarm System with a single Remote.

I am not really interested in the Gold System, so let's talk about some conflicting information I received about the Bronze & Silver System.

I was told by my Dealer that the Silver System was discontinued and there is only the Bronze & Gold options.

I don't have a problem with carrying an extra Remote with the Bronze System, but no one can tell me what the approximate Range is, and if it uses a Remote Antenna or not.

The Silver would be ideal so that I would just have the one Remote, but supposedly it is not available, and my Dealer said that when it WAS available, that there were alot of problems with the System and did not recommend it anymore.

I looked at the Ford Parts Website and that information is a little confusing also. They have several listings for Remote Start Kits.
This sort of situation is a little challenging for a small town Dealer. I had a couple of buddies that had them install Aftermarket Systems and they lost about half of the OEM Functions, Entry/Exit Lights, etc. So that is why I am staying with a simpler OEM System.....hopefully.

Thanks for your comments & information to help me with this.

Jeff

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.