Ford Forums banner

new daily driver

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  70mstang 
#1 ·
Long story short, I'm looking for a falcon or ranchero to be my new daily driver for college, I'm hoping to (and probably will) find an old beater with no engine or trans (no significant historical value) which I will overhaul and modernize, complete with modern fuel injected v8 and 6 speed transmission for fuel economy and power. Now my problem is that I have never done this before, I have worked on many cars before, just never done a full engine swap. I'm wondering if any of you have done this kind of job before and can give some details about what you did, good ideas and bad ideas, things that worked and things that didn't, just to give me some ideas and options going into this. Should I go brand new with the coyote 5.0? or with a simpler, cheaper 4.6 modular? how should I go about changing the suspension? how would you do it? I know that many of you have opinions on this subject, what do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.