Ford Forums banner

Engine codes!! Help plz!

11K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  BlastofRed 
#1 ·
ok I just bought a cv p71 its an 05 with 100k....haven't had it even 2 weeks....I was driving and hit the gas to see what it had and when I let off I had a check engine light on.....took it up to advance auto to have the code read they were " fuel rail pressure sensor" and " catalyst threshold below efficiency" had them erase the codes to see if the came back....the didn't for like 3 days (driving normally) the next day I figured I'd give it some gas to see if it came back on ( it did) .....anybody help? Been told by a friend its a fuel regulator but don't want to blow money on things tht won't fix the problem......thanks for the help

#6 ·
:hit:Hello and good day:

P0193 Description
The Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) sensor is a diaphragm strain gauge device in which resistance changes with pressure. The electrical resistance of a strain gauge increases as pressure increases, and the resistance decreases as the pressure decreases. The varying resistance affects the voltage drop across the sensor terminals and provides electrical signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) corresponding to pressure.
Strain gauge type sensors are consider passive sensors. A passive sensor is connected to a voltage divider network so that varying the resistance of the passive sensor causes a variation in total current flow.
Voltage that is dropped across a fixed resistor in series with the sensor resistor determines the voltage signal at the PCM. This voltage signal is equal to the reference voltage minus the voltage drop across the fixed resistor.
The FRP sensor measures the pressure of the fuel near the fuel injectors. This signal is used by the PCM to adjust the fuel injector pulse width and meter fuel to each combustion cylinder.

try this link for the p0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1

P0420 DTC Code - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

#8 ·
:hy:When you call Advance Auto: Ask for the Fuel Rail Sensor/Regulator.

They just go Bad after Time and I have been told that the Fuel Rating my cause it to cause it to go bad.

If you need further Assistance in location the Fuel Rail Sensor let us know.

2005 FORD CROWN VICTORIA 4.6L 281cid V8 CNG FI (9) SOHC : Fuel/Air : Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator

#9 ·
Holy crap is this Right:

2002-2005 Ford Crown Victoria Fuel Pressure Regulator - Motorcraft - Direct OE replacement Part Number: MICM5115
Manufacturer Number: CM5115

zoom
List Price: $3,136.30
Our Price: $2,657.88
You Save: $478.42

Quantity:

REMANUFACTURED FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR -- High Quality, Original Equipment Replacement Part, Direct Fit Fit Note:OEM# : 2W7E-9C968-AA, OEM# : 3W73-9C968-AA, 4W73-9C968-AA, OEM# : 3W73-9C968-AAType:Direct OE replacement
Fits the following 2002-2005 Ford Crown Victoria submodels:

• 2005-2005: Special Edition; All Engines;
  • 2004-2005: LX Sport; All Engines;
  • 2002-2005: Base; All Engines;
  • 2002-2005: LX; All Engines;
  • 2002-2005: Police Interceptor; All Engines;
  • 2002-2005: S; All Engines;
  • 2002-2003: LWB; All Engines;
Fits 5 more submodels. (Show all) Show less info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.