Ford Forums banner

2005 500 LTD Questions

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sterling_Six 
#1 ·
This is my first post on here and Id like some help. Two days ago i my driver side low beam blew. I went and bought new bulbs and i noticed that the plug that goes into the light was all burnt. I have fixed this on other cars that i have owned....... Simple

BUT i have never owned a car with the all the computers and what have you B4. If I disconnect my battery will all the computers reset to where they were B4 I disconnected my battery? Like all the seat adjustments and info in the cluster ?

I called the Steelership and they want $200+ to fix the plug and I just laughed.....

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is my 2nd post on here posted in wrong forum last post,and Id like some help. Two days ago i my driver side low beam blew. I went and bought new bulbs and i noticed that the plug that goes into the light was all burnt. I have fixed this on other cars that i have owned....... Simple

BUT i have never owned a car with the all the computers and what have you B4. If I disconnect my battery will all the computers reset to where they were B4 I disconnected my battery? Like all the seat adjustments and info in the cluster ?

I called the Steelership and they want $200+ to fix the plug and I just laughed.....

#5 ·
:hit:Hello and good day:

It's hard to say...I don't think the Battery being disconnected will cause any major problems...it may reset your Radio, Seat, but not the info on the Cluster. Like the Odometer.

You can do this repair yourself...by splitting the wires, and splicing. You just need to get the connector. I will look on line to see if you can order the Connector.

www.Rockauto.com

2005 FORD FIVE HUNDRED SE 3.0L 183cid V6 FI DOHC : Electrical-Connector : Headlight Connector WikiPriceMOTORCRAFT Part # WPT772
{#3U2Z14S411CPAA}
Headlight Low Beam Lamp Connector Leads: 2; Color: Brown; Gender: Male

$24.89Add to Cart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.