Ford Forums banner

need advise on van

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  andre81400 
#1 ·
tomorrow im picking up a ford club wagon 1997 with 74000 miles i know seems kinda low for such an old van but the car fax came back good any way im taking it to my mechanic tomorrow to get it checked out my question is what are the common problems with these vans what should i tell him to look at that he might miss or is not familiar with please help he wants $2500 for the van i think if everything comes back ok is a reasoable price what do you think

#3 ·
:hit:Hello and good day:

Sorry for the Slow Response, But the First Priority is to help folks with their car repair issues.

As for opinions on common issues on vehicles being bought or sold takes a back seat to other issues.:noNO:

My opinion is you maybe getting a lemon...you never know what your going to get even with a "Car Fax". You are well advised to take the Vehicle to the Mechanic to have it checked out.

My Neighbor has the same type of Van With over 154,000 miles on it and it is still going strong...but he has taken care of his with all the basics...Oil change...tune up's...brakes...etc.

So again sorry for the delay...and Welcome to the Forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.