Ford Forums banner

How-to: Replace the Idle Air Control Valve on a Ford Escape

13K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BlueOvalMan 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I just replaced the Idle Air Control Valve from a '09 Ford Escape V-6 so I decided to post up a brief write-up on the procedure:

--PROJECT DURATION--
15-30 minutes

--REQUIRED TOOLS AND PARTS--
Pliers
Screwdriver (phillips head)
Replacement idle air control valve (I bought a cheap OEM valve from fordpartsgiant.com)
Replacement gasket

1) Locate the idle air control valve on your Escape. On 3.0L V-6 engines, the valve is located directly on top of the intake manifold, in the center of the engine bay. It is directly to the left of the air intake assembly. On 2.3L four-cylinder engines, it is mounted on the side of the intake manifold, behind a plastic cover.

2) Unhook the negative battery cable.

3) Remove the three screws from the plastic cover if your Escape has the four-cylinder engine. Move the cover out of the way.

4) Unhook the electrical connection attached to the idle air control valve by pressing the tab and pulling out.

5) Remove the two screws mounting the idle air control valve. Take the valve and its gasket off. The gasket can't be reused.

6) Mount the new idle air control valve and gasket. Tighten the screws and reattach the electrical connection.

7) Replace the plastic cover (2.3L four-cylinder models). Reconnect the negative battery cable.

8) You're done! :hy:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.